Sick, I think that every person knows what nausea is. If you need to know urgently how to get rid of nausea, our portal will give you some useful tips.
1. To sit still. Nausea can be caused by motion sickness. If nausea is caused by motion sickness, you should do without unnecessary movements. Sit down or lie down and you will feel better. If you can relax quite well, a quick nap can also relieve you of nausea. You can feel better by the time you wake up.
2. Breathe deeply. A sip of fresh air will help clear the lungs and reduce anxiety, and you will feel a little better. If you do not have access to fresh air, turn on the fan.
3. Put a cold compress on the back of the neck. Nausea can be caused by a fever, but even if it is not, your temperature may rise as a result of mild and severe nausea. Wet the sponge in cold water and attach to the neck. Cold can help stabilize body temperature and alleviate the condition.
4. Massage. Sometimes, nausea is caused by discomfort in the back and neck. A gentle massage can relieve pain in the back and neck.
5. Avoid unpleasant odors. Your sense of smell is associated with the digestive system, so a strong flavor can worsen your nausea.
You need to avoid places where someone cooks, smokes, etc.
6. Eat small amounts of food. While your stomach is upset, you need to eat a small amount of food and slowly drink a small amount of liquid so as not to overload the stomach.
It is important to eat and drink even when you feel nauseous. Hunger and dehydration can cause nausea.
7. Drink clean, cool water. Water is the best choice, it is also recommended to drink apple juice. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine, and alcohol.
8. Try not to mix hot and cold food. The temperature difference can also exacerbate the condition.
9. Ginger tea, ginger ale, raw ginger, will help reduce the attack of nausea.
10. Mint tea and mint sweets have properties similar to those of ginger. Apply a few drops of peppermint oil directly to the gums, for a quick, almost instant relief.
11. Lemon. Cold or frozen lemon helps the best. The sharp smell and taste of citrus fruits will ease your condition. Cut the lemon in half and place it close enough to smell.
If the smell of lemon does not help, cut it into slices and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. As soon as the lemon is frozen, it needs to be put under the tongue and slowly dissolve.
In a biological sense, vomiting is a protective reaction of the digestive system to enter into it or the formation of toxic or other harmful substances in it. The ability to vomit in representatives of the animal world was originally conceived by nature. Our colleagues in this respect are monkeys, dogs, cats, pigs, fish and even birds. Mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, and horses are not capable of vomiting. The fact is that they have a very thin and narrow esophagus.
Do not be afraid of vomiting, the ability to this phenomenon in humans – more an occasion for joy than for anxiety.
In the intervals between vomiting acts, one can reflect. Egg salad at No. 32 was well assimilated before it was thrown out by the stomach. In the vomit, you can see a couple of pieces of eggs, legumes, pasta horns. Relieved, No. 32 thinks: “Maybe it’s badly chewed?”. A second later, with a new wave, a mixture of a more homogeneous consistency splashes out.
If the vomit contains identifiable food, there is a high probability that the food was not taken up by the stomach before it could enter the small intestine. The more homogeneous, hotter or more yellow the mass, the greater the probability that the food was rejected by the small intestine.
The nature of vomiting can also provide useful information. If vomiting is sudden and profuse, most likely the cause is a virus that has got into the gastrointestinal tract. When poisoning with spoiled food or alcohol, vomiting is profuse, but shortly before the first tremors, one can feel the urge to nausea. The feeling of nausea already indicates that the food did not work for us.
When vomiting after the attraction of “roller coaster”, processes similar to seasickness are triggered. The mechanism of development of vomiting in seasickness for today is explained by the following: if the information from the eyes does not coincide with that coming from the balance organ from the inner ear, the brain can not figure out what is going wrong and reacts with vomiting.
If in a train or car we read a book, the eye reports information: “no movement is happening,” while the equilibrium organ conveys: “motion is present.” A similar effect is achieved when we observe the tree trunks that flash past us during the movement. If we move our heads at the same time, it seems that the tree trunks skip past us faster than we do.
Nausea can also cause strong emotions, stress or fear. Every day, our body synthesizes stress hormones – a kind of shock absorbers, which help to be ready in case of a stressful situation. If the situation is unusual and the stress is very strong, the brain sends special signals, and an increased dose of stress hormones enters the bloodstream.
Stress hormones are synthesized not only in the brain cells but also in the cells of the gastrointestinal tract. If the intestinal cells fix the increased content of stress hormones, this is a good reason to react with diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
In case the stress is experienced by the brain, the food lump goes outside to save energy for digestion and to save resources in case it is necessary to “keep the defense”. If stress is experienced by the intestines, the food lump is brought out, because it is poisoned or the conditions for digestion are extremely unfavorable. In both cases, the ability to get rid of unaccepted food is an advantage of our body. People who are inclined to one of these manifestations against the background of stress have an attentive digestive apparatus, ready to always come to the rescue.
Vomiting is not a punishment from the stomach. Such an unpleasant reaction actually turns out to be a benefit to the body and a sign that the brain and intestines guard us until the last and are always ready to sacrifice themselves for the sake of maintaining a favorable internal environment and harmonious work of the organism. Nausea and vomiting are guidelines for the future: what harms us and what is good for us. Think about it, and you will understand that it is really so.
If this information was useful to you, please share it with others in the social network. networks. Thank you so much!