Head twitching, weakness, Dizziness and nausea and can be the companions of more than 80 diseases. For example, this is a violation of the vestibular apparatus, heart and blood vessels, abnormal cerebral circulation, osteochondrosis with anemia, poisoning and intoxication in infectious diseases. To cope with dizziness, nausea, you need to determine the cause with the help of a specialist.
The sign of dizziness is a sense of movement of objects, their rotation. But the reflex urge to remove from the body the contents of the stomach, that is, to vomit, and before that to nausea, can lead, for example, poisoning, intestinal infections (stomach or intestinal mucosa irritated by toxins, poisonous substances from which the stomach tends to free, causing vomiting ), lowering blood pressure (oxygen and nutrients go badly to the brain). In a word, nausea with dizziness is a form of a protective reaction of the body.
Specialists have identified central dizziness (if there is a brain disease) and peripheral (vestibular nerve or internal ear is affected). In addition, vertigo is systemic (a failure in the work of any body system, say, vestibular, visual or muscular), physiological (due to stress, lack of glucose, fatigue, seasickness).
· Dizziness with nausea becomes brighter with cervical osteochondrosis, if you sharply lift or turn your head, change the position of the body; there is a “stormy” gait, the neck hurts, head movements are limited; In addition to disturbing the orientation in space, one can feel numbness or tingle in the fingers.
· When the middle ear (labyrinthitis) is inflamed, a loss of hearing, sometimes loss of hearing, and different discharge from the ears are added to the head spin and nausea.
· If you get up on your feet after sitting or turn your head, dizziness becomes stronger with vestibular neuritis; the peculiarity of the disease is the sharp onset and decline of symptoms in two to four days, and after this period, attacks of nausea and dizziness are repeated.
· With Minier’s disease, the symptoms are bright, accompanied by noise in the ears, hearing impairment, and vomiting.
Nausea and dizziness are satellites of the head or spinal injuries.
· Strokes are characterized by acuity, dizziness, and nausea; In addition, there is a weakness, double in the eyes, speech, coordination, and sensitivity are disturbed.
· With benign positional vertigo, the symptoms are strong if you change the position of the body; To determine this condition helps a special test – one minute you need to sit on the edge of the couch, throwing your head back, then quickly lay down on the couch and turn your head 45 degrees to one side, if the pathology is there, its spin will be felt during the turn of the head.
· Signal to the onset of dizziness and nausea may be flickering of images before the eyes, which completely disappear as soon as the flickering.
· Harbinger of attack with a basilar migraine – nausea and dizziness; plus to this, there can be vomiting, before eyes will begin to darken, flashing of flies, noise in ears will begin.
· With a perilymphatic fistula, one-sided deafness suddenly develops and there is noise in the ears, vomiting, dizziness with nausea.
· Dizziness and nausea, depending on the posture, can tell about a brain tumor; in addition to these symptoms are added severe headaches, one-sided deafness.
· Head spinning, the urge to vomit sometimes are side effects after taking medications against seizures, a course of antibiotics, sulfonamide, cardiac, sedative, hypotensive and other medications; about such symptoms it is necessary to tell a specialist to cancel an unsuitable preparation.
Nausea, dizziness will prompt that the level of cholesterol in the blood is increased, there is atherosclerosis, problems with the heart and blood vessels (narrowed vessels of the brain do not deliver enough oxygen to it); memory, attention, memory, fatigue, headache.
· During menstruation, menopause, pregnancy due to a violation of the hormonal balance can vomit, feel dizzy; The same symptoms with heavy menstruation, as much blood is lost.
· Because of stress, the vessels of the brain can reduce spasm, oxygen will not flow to the cells, hence – dizziness, nausea.
· Lack of vitamins for the brain, accumulation of toxins in the body due to impaired digestion provokes nausea and whirling of the head; Experts also consider alcohol as a poisonous factor.
• High or low blood pressure may manifest as sudden dizziness and nausea, to which vomiting and headaches are added.
· In the elderly, often dizzy, nauseous due to destructive changes in the brain, the vestibular system with the cerebellum, vessels, cranial nerves and a stem apparatus.
· The symptoms we are considering to distinguish a seasickness when the provocateurs become vibrations or monotonous fluctuations of the body when moving on water; almost always there is vomiting, headache.
First, a specialist collects data about your state of health, specifies how long the symptoms have appeared, what features they have, what you feel apart from them. It is important to know whether there have been injuries if your eyesight or hearing has fallen, and what medications you are taking, whether you have bad habits. Further examination usually consists of blood tests, ECG, electroencephalography, ultrasound of organs and vessels of the brain, roentgenography of the cervical spine, neurologic and otoneurological examination, MRI of the brain, tonal audiometry.
If the attack suddenly happened to you or another person, you need to lie down, take care that it’s not stuffy, the air comes in. Will drink 7-10 drops of atropine sulfate. The right way to bring a person into feelings with a loss of consciousness is to smell ammonia (on a cotton wool or directly from a vial). Remove the nervous tension will help tincture of motherwort with valerian, Novo-Passit, Seduxen, Andaxin and other sedatives. Bring the pressure back to normal, if it is lowered, you can drink sweet hot tea. All this is the first emergency action, but only a doctor can prescribe the treatment.
The most important thing is to find the cause of dizziness, nausea, to remove symptoms. You can alleviate the condition during seizures, for example, with the help of Diazepam, Meclosin, Prometazine, Scopolamine, Lorazepam. Intravenously administered are Eufillin and Mannitol. Betagistin hydrochloride, Cerucal and Metoclopramide, Cinnarizine with Vasano, Aeron, Cyclizine, Prometazine, Bonin, Dramin are effective (if there is sea sickness). Be engaged in physical culture, manual therapy, medical massage, acupuncture.
Drink plenty of water, give up harmful addictions (alcohol, coffee, cigarettes), watch for food. Frequent walks in the fresh air and training in such ways of relaxation as relaxation will benefit. If you feel dizzy, do not close your eyes, it is better to focus your eyes on a stationary object, then sit or lie down. In order not to lose consciousness, sit down, head down between the knees. And remember – no self-treatment, only professional advice!